CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Random Things of Life - Part I


Life is full of wonderfull things of which a few are most important. The one thing that stand outs the most to me is music. Music is a very important part of my life. Ever since I was young i had always wanted to become a musician. I'd sing constantly, mind you, my voice is terrible. I would pick up pots and pans and make beats. I would beg my parents for a guitar or a piano. On my 7th birthday, my uncle bought my BROTHER an acoustic guitar. My brother and I share the same birthday so when I saw a guitar I thought it was going to be mine. My uncle approached me and gave me a barbie doll. It was the most disapointing moment in my life so far. That's when I became determined. I told myself that one day, I will buy myself a guitar and become a great guitarist and prove to my uncle I was worthy of that guitar. Unfortunately, at that young age, I didn't have a job so I never got money except on my birthday and on christmas. Obviously the momey i did receive didnt stick around for too long as I would go crazy over candy. Finally on my 12th Christmas, my mother bought me my first guitar. When I saw that Instrument leanning against the wall behind the tree that christmas morning, I got overwhelmed with happiness and couldnt help but to cry. Yes, I cried when I got my first guitar.
My mother then offered to bring me to guitar lessons but i refused. I said I could learn all by myself. Everyone told me it was going to be difficult but I didnt care, I was determined. To everyone's surprise, I caught on very quickly. After a month of playing I had learned the first minute or so of Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne off the top of my head. I had perfected a few other songs and soon enough was able to tab out songs by ear. After 3 years of playing, I became rather amazing I must say and was much better than alot of my friends who had in fact taken lessons and yet... against everything I had been told... I was self taught.

Unfortunately, once I got a job and started working most evenings and weekends, my available time got cut down and I slowly stopped playing guitar. I still pick it up once in a while and I remember why I started playing in the first place. The simple joy of creating your own music is amazing. A feeling like no other...

0 comments: