I remember watching old movies where teenagers go out, have fun, go dancing, hang out at pubs or at cafe's or watch movies and talk. It seems as though that just isn't enough anymore. As time flew by, hanging out at a pub or a movie, sipping on orange soda became sitting in a basement getting crunked.
I often hear people around me talking about their weekend getting smashed and not remembering what happened, having bruises they didn't know about and loosing their belongings in weird situations. Sadly, I've even heard a few people deciding on not going to someones place to hang out because there won't be liquor or any other substances involved.
I'm not in anyway saying that the teens back in the 60's were compleitly innocent. Obviously drinking and smoking was big back then too. The difference that defines theses eras, is that back then, it was done for fun. Drinking and smoking wasn't something teens had to depend on to have fun at a party.
I'd give anything to go back in time and live in the 60's.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Living in the 60's
Posted by Jessie K at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment